Gospel Mission Worship Center
Company Overview: Gospel Mission Worship Center exists to bring glory to God by making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Industry: Religious Organization
6905 Benton Road
Paducah, KY 42003
The Worship Leader is a part-time position tasked with planning, preparing for, and leading a thoroughly blended worship service while promoting authentic worship in a way that Christ is honored, and God is glorified. Responsible for directing the choir and the worship teams.
- Clear testimony of a life that has trusted in and is walking with Jesus Christ
- Experience planning, preparing, and leading worship services
- A heart to lead people in worship and not just lead a worship service
- Agree with the beliefs and doctrines of Gospel Mission (https://www.gospelmissionworship.com/the-beliefs-and-bylaws)
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction and can teach 4-part harmony
- Can proficiently play an instrument in the worship band (piano, guitar)
- Quality singing voice and authentic stage presence
- Experience with the use of technology in worship (lighting, worship software, sound systems, video projection, etc.)
- Team player with good relational skills and a positive attitude
RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
- Lead the congregation in worship and direct the flow of the worship service.
- Develop a weekly order of service in coordination with the pastoral staff each week and communicate in advance to the members of the band and tech team.
- Direct a weekly rehearsal with the worship team that both prepares for a quality service and develops music to be introduced to the congregation in future services. Schedule choir practice sessions as needed.
- Ensure that the lighting, sound system, video systems, and worship presentation software are working properly and ready for service.
- Recruit and/or develop new musicians, singers, and choir members to carry out the weekly needs of the service and prepare for future needs.
- Engage in the body of the church as an active member by joining a Sunday school and seeking to make connections with members beyond the worship service, and supporting the vision, mission, and pastors of the church.
This is a part-time position paid a bi-weekly salary. The compensation is based on the quality completion of the assigned responsibilities. Expect between 15-20 hours per week.
To Apply for this position: