Lotus Children's Advocacy & Sexual Violence Resource Center
Company Overview: Lotus is Kentuckyís designated Childrenís Advocacy and Sexual Violence Resource Center for the Purchase Region. Lotusís mission is to support survivors, strengthen families, and empower communities. Committed to ending child abuse and sexual violence, Lotus works to cultivate safe, equitable, just communities where all persons thrive.
1605 N Friendship Rd
Paducah, Kentucky 42001
Lotus so perfectly symbolizes the exceptional courage, strength, and resilience of survivors. We see the goal of recovery as not only surviving trauma but also opening up to the possibilities of hope, healing, and growth. And like the lotus flower, under the right conditions, the possibilities for growth are limitless. We seek to create a safe, nurturing sanctuary where each survivor and family is met with a clear path to the specialized care and holistic resources they need in order to truly heal and reclaim their lives. At Lotus, our shared values of resilience, empowerment, diversity, equity, and inclusion drive all that we do.
The Sexual Violence Resource Center (SVRC) Therapist serves to facilitate healing and recovery from interpersonal violence for adolescent and adult victims-survivors of sexual violence as well as their supportive family members through the provision of specialized, trauma-informed, and culturally competent mental health services.
- Provide specialized mental health services and support to adolescent and adult victims-survivors in person and via telehealth.
- Create mental health focused resources for victims-survivors to promote resilience and strengthen protective factors.
- Collaborate with SVRC Program staff to provide comprehensive case management.
- Ensure documentation of telehealth informed consent, client/caregiver services, phone/telehealth contacts, resources provided, and needs assessed.
- Track client services and progress in tracking programs in order to provide information regarding efficacy to Lotus’ funding sources.
- Engage in feasible professional development opportunities to ensure the highest quality of care to clients is being provided.
- Execute communications initiative and tasks as directed.
- Provision of 24 hour crisis response and medical advocacy as needed.
PRIOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENT
- Master’s Degree
- Therapist position require licensure in the state of Kentucky to practice in a mental health discipline. This position also requires knowledge in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of clinical assessment measures.
PRIOR QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
SVRC Therapist should possess the knowledge and experience to provide assessment-based and empirically-supported specialized outpatient treatment to adolescent and adult victims-survivors of sexual violence and their family members.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS
SVRC Therapist positions require licensure in the state of Kentucky to practice in a mental health discipline. This position also requires knowledge in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of clinical assessment measures. A good understanding of trauma-informed treatment, neurological effects of trauma and integrated treatment for sexual violence is recommended. There needs to be evidence of good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all types of people. This position also requires an ability to work with people in crisis situations and ability to work effectively under stress. No prior history of criminal behaviors is a requirement.
- Paducah office and community settings as needed.
- Monday-Thursday (8:30am-5:00pm)
- Friday (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Travel to training and outreach events.
To Apply for this position:
Visit our Careers Portal to apply.