Drake Lighting, Inc.
Company Overview: Drake Lighting Inc. is a customer-focused distributor of ETL Certified FAA approved obstruction lighting solutions. Located in Mayfield KY currently. Drake Lighting is the American distributor for Technostrobe, Inc. These lighting products are used to mark structures such as cellular communication towers, broadcast towers, industrial, chimney stacks and wind turbines that are federally required to be lit according to FAA standards. For the past year Drake Lighting has been evaluating how to expand our corporate office. When the office building at 2000 McCracken became available, we were intrigued with the possibilities it would open for our business. After meeting with GPED and the City Planners we choose to change our plans and focused on moving to Paducah. We are a small business with large plans so this move will allow us to work on our growth and expand into new opportunities. We look forward to the move in October and building a strong relationship with the business community of Paducah.
1209 Compressor Drive
Mayfield, KY 42066
Staff accountants are responsible for preparing and delivery of payroll documentation, as well as the maintenance of all company accounts receivable and payable transactions. Time management skills to create pertinent deliverables like reports and monthly journals that communicate the status of the company’s finances. Assist in maintaining day-to-day records and reconciling books as needed. Prepare and maintain financial records to track the company’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Perform general bookkeeping and organize financial forms, documents, and receipts.
- Track accounts receivable and payable for the company by performing any necessary data entry and report generation and preparing monthly reports on the status of accounts.
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Process multi-state sales tax and render payments.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation and maintaining compliance.
- Continue ongoing education by participating in webinars, workshops, and networking events.
- Protect company value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Codes invoices, setup new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures, recommending changes.
- Accomplished accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, required
- 3 - 5 years of related experience, required
preferred education and experience:
- Multi-state sales tax experience, preferred
- QuickBooks experience, preferred
- Microsoft Business Central experience, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to general accounting principles.
- Capable and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Personal integrity when working with sensitive financial information.
- Be proactive, organized and handle work in stressful environment.