Company Overview: Looking for a Fun, Exciting and Rewarding Career? Look no further! Harrah's Metropolis Casino and Hotel has the career for you!
100 East Front St
Metropolis, IL 62960
POSITION SUMMARY: Security Officers are responsible for the basic security functions for the casino area and land facilities including superior guest service.
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS: 21 years of age
Security Officers are responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assure exceptional customer service to all patrons by communicating in a pleasant, friendly, and professional manner at all times.
- Check identification to ensure patrons are 21 years of age or older.
- Provide security and protection for guests and casino property.
- Handle all monetary transactions between the Casino Cage and gaming tables in compliance with the Illinois Gaming Board Regulations and as required by Harrah’s Management.
- Operate in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain visual surveillance of the Casino Cage and surrounding area.
- Replace all boxes of gaming tables after the count has been completed for each shift. Drop boxes are to be taken to the Soft Count room and locked there for proper storage.
- Prepare detailed reports on any security related incidents that occur in the casino area, or on land facilities.
- Assist injured guests and employees until arrival of First Responders.
- Be alert for suspicious persons or disturbing incidents and check for juveniles in the casino and bar areas.
- Keep slot areas under close observation at all times to deter slot cheats and purse-snatchers.
- React promptly to disturbances at gaming tables, bars, and any other areas where security is required.
- Stand by in the Casino Cashier's Cage whenever any non-cage employees are in the cage.
- Follow and observe actions of individuals suspected of illegal activities.
- Notify the shift supervisor of any suspected illegal activity.
- Make every attempt to keep your duties low key and confidential.
- Always avoid idle conversation with other casino employees.
- Perform any other duties that may be requested by the Shift Supervisor or the Security Manager.
- Must assist patrons in answering questions and direct them to areas of safety during emergencies as instructed by management, security or senior management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
PHYSICAL - Must be able to:
- Be mobile in all areas of the casino and land facilities.
- Recognize and respond to emergency situations involving fire, smoke, hazardous chemicals and the like.
- Communicate via telephone and two-way radio and wear an earpiece
- Be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Communicate verbally, with the general public, hotel guests, and employees.
- Tolerate hot/cold weather conditions.
- Remain on feet for extended periods of time.
- Climb steps repeatedly.
MENTAL - Must be able to:
- Use basic writing skills to complete reports.
- Understand and comply with Policies and Procedures, Job Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels and other instructions.
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
Should be a High School graduate or GED certificate. LOOKING FOR Must be able to establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with management, staff, and co-workers; pleasant personality, team oriented and enjoys working with and assisting people.
Must have the ability to hold an Occupational License as required by the Illinois Gaming Board.
Compensation: $12 an Hour