Production Hourly 1st & 3rd
Company Overview: For over six decades, Pilgrim’s has produced healthy, high-quality food products that go into some of the world’s finest recipes. Working with approximately over 4,000 family farms throughout the U.S. and Mexico, we are dedicated to providing these wholesome, high-quality products at a great value. As the second-largest chicken producer in the world Pilgrim’s has the capacity to process more than 34 million birds per week for a total of more than over 7 billion pounds of live chicken annually. With corporate headquarters located in Greeley, Colorado, we have operations in 12 U.S. states as well as in Mexico and Puerto Rico. We are committed to the 35,000 plus team members who work with us to provide products to foodservice, retail and frozen entrée customers. The company’s primary distribution is through retailers, foodservice distributors and restaurants as well as through the export of chicken products to customers all over the world. Pilgrim's Pride is a part of the JBS USA family. JBS S.A., the world's largest protein company, owns 75.5% of our outstanding common stock.
Industry: Poultry Processing
2653 State Route 1241
Hickory, KY 42051
PRODUCTION JOB DESCRIPTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s Company product standards and procedures.
- Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Clean and organized work area.
- Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
- Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
- Other duties as directed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred, but not required.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our hourly production team! Positions start at $14 - $18 hour and we are offering a SIGN-ON BONUS!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
Compensation: $14 - $18 PER HOUR
To Apply for this position:
You can apply online using the following link and searching for the Hickory, KY & Mayfield, KY locations.
Or you can apply in person at the Pilgrim's Guard Station located at:
2653 State Route 1241
Hickory, KY 42051