Children's Advocacy Center Therapist
Lotus Children's Advocacy & Sexual Violence Resource Center
Company Overview: Lotus is Kentuckyís designated Childrenís Advocacy and Sexual Violence Resource Center for the Purchase Region. Lotusís mission is to support victims-survivors, strengthen families, and empower communities. Committed to ending child abuse and sexual violence, Lotus works to cultivate safe, equitable, just communities where all persons thrive. Lotus so perfectly symbolizes the exceptional courage, strength, and resilience of survivors. We see the goal of recovery as not only surviving trauma but also opening up to the possibilities of hope, healing, and growth. And like the lotus flower, under the right conditions, the possibilities for growth are limitless. We seek to create a safe, nurturing sanctuary where each survivor and family is met with a clear path to the specialized care and holistic resources they need in order to truly heal and reclaim their lives. At Lotus, our shared values of resilience, empowerment, diversity, equity, and inclusion drive all that we do.
1605 N Friendship Rd
Paducah, Kentucky 42001
- Provide specialized mental health services and support to adolescent victims-survivors in person and via telehealth.
- Create mental health focused resources for victims-survivors to promote resilience and strengthen protective factors.
- Collaborate with CAC Program staff to provide comprehensive case management.
- Ensure documentation of telehealth informed consent, client/caregiver services, phone/telehealth contacts, resources provided, and needs assessed.
- Track client services and progress in tracking programs in order to provide information regarding efficacy to Lotus’ funding sources.
- Engage in feasible professional development opportunities to ensure the highest quality of care to clients is being provided.
- Execute communications initiative and tasks as directed.
- Provision of 24 hour crisis response and medical advocacy as needed.
Prior Education & Training Requirements:
- Master’s Degree
- Licensure in the state of Kentucky to practice in a mental health discipline.
- Knowledge in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of clinical assessment measures.
Prior Qualifications & Special Skills Required:
- CAC Therapist should possess the knowledge and experience to provide assessment-based and empirically-supported specialized outpatient treatment to adolescent victims-survivors of sexual violence and their family members.
- Good understanding of trauma-informed treatment, neurological effects of trauma and integrated treatment for sexual violence is recommended.
- Evidence of good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all types of people.
- Ability to work with people in crisis situations and ability to work effectively under stress.
- No prior history of criminal behaviors is a requirement.
Work Location: Paducah office and community settings as needed.
- Monday-Thursday (8:30am-5:00pm)
- Friday (9:00am-3:00pm)
Compensation: $52,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
To Apply for this position:
Apply online on our website.