The Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Meeting and Business Celebration sponsored by Lourdes and CSI was held at the Julian Carroll Convention Center on January 27 with a record crowd of more than 800 attendees.
Outgoing board chair Bruce Wilcox, President of Henry A. Petter Supply, officially passed the gavel to Tammy Zimmerman, President/CEO of Payment Plus, as the board chair for 2017. The Chamber also honored several area businesses and individuals with their annual awards:
- Young Leader of Western Kentucky – Ed and Meagan Musselman. This award is selected by the Four Rivers Business Journal.
- Leadership Paducah Alumnus of the Year – John A. Williams, Jr. This award is selected and presented by the Leadership Paducah Foundation.
- Chamber Volunteer of the Year – Tonya Goodale with Midas Hospitality
- Non-Profit Organization of the Year – Merryman House
- Entrepreneur of the Year – VUE with owners Carolyn Raney and Maggie Armon
- Small Business of the Year – Stone Lang Co. and owner Mike Stone
- Business of the Year – HealthWorks with owner/founder Dr. Kyle Turnbo
The theme for the evening was Making a Difference with guest speaker Steve Gilliland. Recognized as a master storyteller and comedian, Gilliland focused on how to positively influence people in every imaginable way. His message focused on three empowering dynamics: Purpose - It drives you!; Passion - It fuels you!; and Pride – It defines you!
As a member of the Speaker Hall of Fame, an honor bestowed on only 227 men and women worldwide, he can be heard daily on SiriusXM Radio’s Laugh USA. He is a prolific, accomplished author, evidenced by four of his books, including Making a Difference, perennially making the publisher’s bestseller list and his being named Author of the Year. He was named one of the Top 10 Motivational Speakers in 2015 by espeakers. He built a multimillion-dollar company from the ground up, which the Pittsburgh Business-Times named one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the region.
Suzanne Farmer (Lourdes) and Mike Mallory (WPSD Local 6) served as the emcees for evening.
2017 award winners:
Business of the Year
HealthWorks Medical -
Dr. Kyle Turnbo, Owner/Founder
Small Business of the Year
Stone-Lang Co. -
Mike Stone, Owner
Entrepreneur of the Year
VUE Magazine -
Carolyn Raney & Maggie Armon, Owners
Non-Profit Organization of the Year
Merryman House -
Mary Foley, Executive Director & Merryman Kemp, Founder
Chamber Volunteer of the Year
Tonya Goodale -
Leadership Paducah Alumnus of the Year
John A. Williams, Jr. - Wells Fargo Advisors
Young Leader Award -
The Paducah Sun Four Rivers
Ed & Meagan Musselman - Musselman Properties
Thank you to our 2017 Presenting Sponsors: