How Can the Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce Help My Business Succeed?
You know that in today’s world, just working harder isn’t enough. You have to work smarter, looking for the best opportunities to maximize your chances for success. The Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce has a proven track record of helping businesses grow in this area—we’ve been doing it for more than 65 years.
We have the tools and the power you need to open doors to new opportunities, more customers, and greater success. Joining this proactive business advocacy organization might be the best investment you’ll ever make. Membership ranges from single proprietors to multinational corporations. The majority of our member firms employ fewer than 10 people. Some join to support the community, some to network and generate new business contacts, and some to be part of the collective voice the Chamber brings to civic and governmental issues. Regardless of their reasons for joining, our some 1,000 member firms have this in common: They’re committed to continual improvement of our area, our schools, our economy, and our quality of life.
The Member-to-Member Discount Program encourages Chamber members to choose other Chamber members when making buying decisions. Click here to be a part of the Program or click here to take a look at the participating Chamber members and their discounts offered. Just mention that you're a Chamber member when purchasing from your fellow Chamber members and start taking advantage of the discounts today!
Click here for the 6 P’s of Chamber Membership
Networking for New Business Contacts
The Chamber can put you in touch with hundreds of potential clients and customers. As a member, you can attend a variety of events designed to expand your business base.
- Annual Meeting: This meeting honors the Chamber’s key volunteers with a special evening banquet
- Mix & Mingle Mondays: A more informal approach to the monthly get-together
- Committees and task forces: Meet business professionals with similar interests and have a positive effect on your community.
- Golf Scramble: The scramble is a fun and informal way to meet new business contacts.
- Power in Partnership Breakfast: This monthly, early-morning meeting is attended by more than 200 top executives.
- Trade Show: Showcase your products or services to your fellow members.
- Community and Economic Development Committee: This committee works with our community partners to streamline business services.
- Education and Workforce Committee: The Education and Workforce Committee matches the needs of employers with education and training facilities.
- Government Affairs: This committee reviews upcoming local, state, and federal policies that may affect business. The committee also makes sure that we maintain a healthy business climate.
- Legislative lobbyist: Paducah is one of only three communities in the state with a lobbyist present during state legislative sessions. The lobbyist has been key in assuring economic and community development for our area.
Publicity and Exposure
- Business directory listings: Each member receives three free listings in the annual membership directory, which lists members alphabetically, categorically, and in a Who’s Who section.
- Chamber office: When someone calls or drops by the Chamber office looking for our recommendation on a business, we refer only Chamber members.
- Web page listings: Each member receives listings on the Chamber’s Web page at www.paducahchamber.org.
Click here for Sponsorship Opportunities
- The Chamber Connection: Weekly e-mails highlight upcoming events, and a monthly newsletter lets you know what’s happening around town. Members are offered the opportunity to include promotional inserts or advertising.
- Chamber mailing list: Only Chamber members may purchase the Chamber’s mailing list, as labels or on a computer disk. The list provides direct access to a prime audience of more than 1,500 business leaders.
- Buy Local. Fly Local – encourages people to support locally owned businesses and Barkley Regional Airport
Professional Development and Business Services
- Business facts and figures: Directories and guides, designed to help you target your marketing plans, are offered at discounts to Chamber members.
- Health insurance: Insurance discounts are provided to Chamber members in conjunction with Humana.
- Seminars and Workshops – designed to help your business be successful in an ever changing world
- Leadership Paducah: This prestigious program has been the springboard for new generations of community leaders for almost two decades. Members may apply for limited class availability each summer. The nine-month program runs from September to May, and features an insider’s view of business, government, tourism, health care, education, and other key sectors of our community.
You know that the right business tools can make the difference between profit and loss. One vital tool is membership in the Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce.
We provide immediate return on your investment with networking and marketing opportunities, small-business and professional support, information, and governmental representation.
Your company’s growth and success are as important to us as they are to you. Together, we’ll build an even stronger Paducah area.